(2016-09-16) Azure AD Connect v1.1.281.0 Has Been Released
Posted by Jorge on 2016-09-16
Integrating your on-premises directories with Azure AD makes your users more productive by providing a common identity for accessing both cloud and on-premises resources. With this integration users and organizations can take advantage of the following:
- Organizations can provide users with a common hybrid identity across on-premises or cloud-based services leveraging Windows Server Active Directory and then connecting to Azure Active Directory.
- Administrators can provide conditional access based on application resource, device and user identity, network location and multifactor authentication.
- Users can leverage their common identity through accounts in Azure AD to Office 365, Intune, SaaS apps and third-party applications.
- Developers can build applications that leverage the common identity model, integrating applications into Active Directory on-premises or Azure for cloud-based applications
Azure AD Connect makes this integration easy and simplifies the management of your on-premises and cloud identity infrastructure.
Released: 2016 August
- Changes to sync interval does not take place until after next sync cycle completes.
- Azure AD Connect wizard does not accept Azure AD account whose username starts with an underscore (_).
- Azure AD Connect wizard fails to authenticate Azure AD account provided if account password contains too many special characters. Error message "Unable to validate credentials. An unexpected error has occurred." is returned.
- Uninstalling staging server disables password synchronization in Azure AD tenant and causes password synchronization to fail with active server.
- Password synchronization fails in uncommon cases when there is no password hash stored on the user.
- When Azure AD Connect server is enabled for staging mode, password writeback is not temporarily disabled.
- Azure AD Connect wizard does not show the actual password synchronization and password writeback configuration when server is in staging mode. It always shows them as disabled.
- Configuration changes to password synchronization and password writeback are not persisted by Azure AD Connect wizard when server is in staging mode.
- Updated Start-ADSyncSyncCycle cmdlet to indicate whether it is able to successfully start a new sync cycle or not.
- Added Stop-ADSyncSyncCycle cmdlet to terminate sync cycle and operation which are currently in progress.
- Updated Stop-ADSyncScheduler cmdlet to terminate sync cycle and operation which are currently in progress.
- When configuring Directory Extensions in Azure AD Connect wizard, AD attribute of type "Teletex string" can now be selected.
I ran the MSI and upgraded from the previous version without any issues!
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always evaluate/test yourself before using/implementing this!
* DISCLAIMER: https://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/disclaimer/
############### Jorge’s Quest For Knowledge #############
######### http://JorgeQuestForKnowledge.wordpress.com/ ########
This entry was posted on 2016-09-16 at 23:00 and is filed under Azure AD Connect, Windows Azure Active Directory. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.