(2015-12-14) LithNet Utilities And Tools For Your FIM/MIM Solution
Posted by Jorge on 2015-12-14
There is a guy called Ryan Newington (Twitter and Blog), and he wrote and created some impressive utilities and tools that you can use in your challenge to design and configure an Identity Management system based upon either FIM 2010 R2 or MIM 2016.
- Description: The Lithnet Metadirectory Services Utilities package is a .NET library containing extensions and utilities for writing code for the FIM sync engine. The library contains various helper classes and extensions for objects in the Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices namespace, such as the CSEntryChange. It allows you to reduce code and introduces new functions, such as XML serialization of native metadirectory services objects. It can be used in any rules extension or ECMA2.2 project, along side the Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices component.
- Documentation: https://lithnetmsu.codeplex.com/documentation
- Download: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Lithnet.MetadirectoryServices/
- Description: The Lithnet FIM Service REST API is a wrapper for the FIM Service’s SOAP/WCF, exposing create, update, delete and search functionality via a series of standard HTTP calls. The API returns JSON-formatted data, making it compatible with a wide range of platforms and services.
- Documentation: https://lithnetrmws.codeplex.com/documentation
- Download: https://lithnetrmws.codeplex.com/releases/view/617107
- Description: The The Lithnet FIM PowerShell module is designed to make working with the FIM Service faster and easier. It abstracts away the complexity of the FIM Service and the FIMAutomation PowerShell module, and exposes a robust set of cmdlets for creating, updating, deleting and searching for resources.
- Documentation: https://lithnetrma.codeplex.com/documentation
- Download: https://lithnetrma.codeplex.com/releases/view/618597
- Description: The Lithnet FIM Service Client is a .NET Library for the FIM web service. It supports create, update, delete, and search operations against the FIM service. The library has a similar purpose to the FIM 2010 Client, but abstracts away the peculiars of the web service implementation into a robust object model. The development of the FIM 2010 client was abandoned some time ago and unfortunately, the client suffers from a number of bugs and performance issues. This library is not intended to be a drop-in replacement for that library. It is a complete re-write with a new API and more approachable way of working with the objects in the FIM service. Also have a look at FIM 2010: Programmatic access to FIM Service with Lithnet FIM Service Client library
- Documentation: https://lithnetrmc.codeplex.com/documentation
- Download: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Lithnet.ResourceManagement.Client/
- Description: The Lithnet SSH MA is a ForeFront Identity Manager (FIM) ECMA2.2 management agent used to provision and synchronize objects to unix and linux systems using SSH. The management agent supports: Full and (optionally) delta imports, Exports (supporting either object replace, attribute replace, attribute update, or multivalued reference attribute update modes), Password set and change, Username and RSA key-based logins, as well as username/password logins, Dynamic DN construction
- Documentation: https://lithnetsshma.codeplex.com/documentation
- Download: https://lithnetsshma.codeplex.com/releases/view/113093
- Description: Lithnet ACMA is a codeless rules engine for Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2. ACMA provides a means for performing powerful rules-based construction of objects and attributes without the need to write custom code.
ACMA is implemented as an extensible management agent (ECMA2.2), built upon an SQL Server 2012 database, and comes with a powerful UI-based rules editor and PowerShell extensions.
- Documentation: https://acma.codeplex.com/documentation
- Download: https://acma.codeplex.com/releases/view/617213
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always evaluate/test yourself before using/implementing this!
* DISCLAIMER: https://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/disclaimer/
############### Jorge’s Quest For Knowledge #############
######### http://JorgeQuestForKnowledge.wordpress.com/ ########