(2014-06-23) A Hotfix Rollup Package (Build 4.1.3559.0) Is Available for Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2
Posted by Jorge on 2014-06-23
Microsoft released a new hotfix for FIM 2010 R2 with build 4.1.3559.0. What it fixes can be found in this blog post. For additional or detailed info see MS-KBQ2969673
Issues that are fixed or features that are added in this update
This update fixes the following issues or adds the following features that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
FIM add-ins and extensions
After the FIM Password Reset add-in is installed in Windows 7, the “Create a Password Reset Disk” feature is available when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del and then you click Change a Password.
FIM Certificate Management
When you try to remove a certification authority (CA) that is bound to Certificate Management (CM) by using the CLMutil -removeca command, you experience the following symptoms:
- Actions such as enroll, renew or revoke that are performed on certificates that are bound to the removed CA cause an exception to be returned.
- When you try to edit or remove a certificate template that was related to the removed CA, an exception is displayed on the CM portal.
Note. These same symptoms occur when the CA is stopped or unavailable.
Changes to the symptoms after you apply this update:
- Actions such as enroll, renew or revoke that are performed on certificates that are bound to the removed CA cause a well-defined error message to be displayed.
- Removing a certificate template is possible. Removing the template for any removed CA is also possible.
- Changing a certificate template that is related to the removed CA causes a well-defined error message to be displayed.
Changes to the clmutil.exe tool after you apply this update:
The following commands are added:
Syntax: [-force] -decomissionca CA_ID
Example 1: clmutil -force -decommissionca 1
Example 2: clmutil -decommissionca 1
Note. You may receive the following warning message when you run the clmutil command:
There are outstanding certificates for CA 1, cannot decommission. Please use -force flag if you still want to decommission CA
Syntax: -recommissionca CA_ID
Example: clmutil -recommissionca 1
Note. CA_ID can be obtained by using the following command:
Changes in the Web Portal user interface after you apply this update
When you change a profile template that references a certificate template that was originally hosted by a CA and that is marked as decommissioned, the following conditions are true:
- The CA is unavailable in the Add Certificate Template dialog box.
- Users who enroll in the profile template receive the following warning message that is displayed at the top of the enrollment screen:
- The Certification Authority CA2.proseware.com\FIM CM CA cannot be contacted as it is marked as decommissioned.
Note. If the profile template includes certificate templates from a disabled or re-enabled CA, users will be unable to enroll in that profile template. This causes this same warning message to be displayed.
In the profile template properties, clicking a certificate template that was originally associated with a now-decommissioned CA displays all registered CAs that expose this certificate template. This lets the administrator select the appropriate CA.
Note. If no registered CAs expose the certificate template, the list of CAs on the screen is blank.
FIM Synchronization Service
This update includes ECMA 2.3. In this version, it is now possible to add custom schema pages that will be listed in the Synchronization Service Manager user interface. An example of how this feature is used can be seen in the Generic SQL connector.
Please be aware that the Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx.dll is updated in this update. See the “Known issues in this update” section for information about how to update the configuration files to reflect this change.
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always evaluate/test yourself before using/implementing this!
* DISCLAIMER: https://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/disclaimer/
############### Jorge’s Quest For Knowledge #############
######### http://JorgeQuestForKnowledge.wordpress.com/ ########