(2010-01-30) Update 3 Has Been Released For FIM 2010 RC1
Posted by Jorge on 2010-01-30
Microsoft has released Update 3 for FIM 2010 RC1. It is available connect here. This is the final pre-release of the product before RTM. I think this is a major release because it can be installed as an update or as a new install from scratch. It contains a (new) installation guide. Make sure to read the release notes FIRST before installing it!!!
Summary of changes in Update 3
This package contains multiple updates to the following Microsoft® Forefront™ Identity Manager 2010 feature areas. It also contains a number of general improvements to FIM functionality and reliability.
- New prerequisites:
- Windows® Installer 4.5 for all server components
- For the FIM Service: Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- For the FIM Add-In for Outlook: Microsoft Office Outlook® 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- New supported platforms for FIM Certificate Management:
- Windows Server® 2008 R2
- Windows Server Datacenter Edition
- FIM Synchronization Service improvements:
- Fixed customer-reported failures in FIM Synchronization Service.
- Fixed issues with multimastered attributes.
- The FIM management agent (MA) will now store error messages with the operation during export. You do not have to look in the FIM Service event log anymore to view the errors.
- You can now have several MAs that are responsible for deleting a resource. This solves a common problem in which custom code was necessary for Declarative provisioning.
- Added two new Declarative provisioning functions:
- Null – This SR should not contribute a value.
- ReplaceString – Find and replace a substring in another string.
- Introduces new Management Policy Rule (MPR) types:
- The new Set Transition MPR type allows for easy creation of Policies that apply to Set membership changes (that is, when resources enter or leave a specific Set).
- During Update 3 installation, all existing MPRs in the system are marked as Request-based MPRs.
- The Run On Policy Update flag is now applicable only to the new Set Transition MPRs.
- Temporal policy definitions require the use of the new Set Transition MPRs.
- Fixes an issue in which queries did not evaluate correctly if they contained three or more conditions and at least two of them used the not() operator.
- Adds support for Exchange 2010, which includes the following:
- FIM Synchronization Service support for Active Directory MA and global address list (GAL) MA
- The FIM Service sending and receiving mail
- Outlook 2007 on Exchange 2010 sending approvals and group membership requests
- Adds support for SQL Server Failover Clusters for High Availability.
- Adds support for taking database backups without stopping the FIM Service.
- Removes DomainSynchronizationActivity and replaces it with built-in logic to support cross-forest group management.
This update deletes the WorkflowDefinition Group management workflow: Domain information synchronization for cross-forest resources, which has the Resource ID 955e3366-fbcc-43ee-b6e4-2001b81971da. You should back up any changes you may have made to this resource before installing the update and then re-create the functionality in a new activity.
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always evaluate/test yourself before using/implementing this!
* DISCLAIMER: https://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/disclaimer/
############### Jorge’s Quest For Knowledge #############
######### http://JorgeQuestForKnowledge.wordpress.com/ ########