(2009-01-01) So Cool Ford Mustang
Posted by Jorge on 2009-01-01
I would definitely NOT mind owning this Ford Mustang as shown below…..
2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR – Specifications and Design Highlights
- 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 producing an estimated 540-horsepower and 510 ft.-lbs. of torque
- Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack featuring revised calibration and cold air intake system
- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
- Ford Racing performance exhaust system
- Unique performance suspension tuning: springs, dampers, and stabilizer bars
- Shelby-designed ‘GT500KR’ 20-inch wheels (18-inch version for production)
- Ford Racing short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace
- Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby ‘KR’ design
- Front brake cooling ducts
- ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
- 40th Anniversary badges on the front quarter panels
- Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats
- Official Shelby CSM 40th Anniversary GT500KR dash plate
More info and source: http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangspecs/2008/2008ShelbyGT500KR.htm
This text has been copied from the site which can be found through the link below….
Developed under Ford’s Special Vehicle Team, the new 2010 Shelby GT500 is the most powerful SVT product to date with 540 horsepower, a host of exterior & interior enhancements, suspension improvements and better highway fuel efficiency. The refinements made on the 2010 Shelby GT500 are due in large part to the work done by Ford and Shelby on the GT500KR.
"We’re proud of the many enhancements that were developed jointly by the Ford and Shelby Automobiles team last year that we’ve now incorporated into the new 2010 Shelby GT500," said Carroll Shelby, founder of Shelby Automobiles. "Building on what we learned to create the Shelby GT500KR, this new car offers a great combination of power, handling and braking. It is truly a special car that is a great deal of fun to drive."
At the heart of the 2010 Shelby GT500 is the supercharged and intercooled 5.4-liter dual overhead cam V8 engine producing 540 horsepower and 510 ft-lbs. of torque with redline being 6,250 rpm. The 40 additional horsepower comes by way of a cold air intake using a conical air filter to bring in more air. A six-speed transmission utilizes a twin-disc setup with larger diameter discs made of copper and fiberglass to make them stand up to almost anything.
New features found on the 2010 Shelby GT500 include 3.55:1 gear ratio, cold air intake, aluminum power dome hood with heat extractor, "Gurney Flap" spoiler, upgraded twin-disc clutch for six-speed transmission, 19" wheels with Goodyear F1 Supercar tires on coupe and redesigned splitter.
The interior uses genuine materials such as real leather in all seats, real aluminum on the instrument panel and Alcantara inserts on the seats, steering wheel and shifter boot. The shifter ball is one-of-a-kind being the iconic white with the "H" pattern for the gears and racing stripes going from end to end. The seats are inlayed with a racing stripe theme with the Cobra logo embossed into the headrests
More info and source: http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangspecs/2010ShelbyGT500/2010ShelbyGT500.htm
The following is still my all-time-favorite-kick-some-butt car (Eleanor)! Damn this thing just rocks!😉
Drooling, drooling, drooling, drooling, drooling…..
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always evaluate/test yourself before using/implementing this!
* DISCLAIMER: https://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/disclaimer/
############### Jorge’s Quest For Knowledge #############
######### http://JorgeQuestForKnowledge.wordpress.com/ ########